Mariana van Zeller has brought numerous hard-hitting stories to viewers around the world. Trusted, respected, and well-recognized for all her achievements, how much could Mariana van Zeller net worth be for someone with such a career?
Mariana van Zeller is a journalist and correspondent best known for her work with the investigative series “VICE on HBO.” She has covered various topics, including organized crime, illegal arms trade, and the drug war in South America.
Van Zeller has been honored with several awards for her work, including the Peabody Award and the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award.
Mariana van Zeller Net Worth
Mariana van Zeller has an estimated net worth of $1 million. The award-winning journalist has aspired to be at the news frontlines since her career. Her first major assignment right after her internship was in 2001, in the aftermath of the 9/11 attack.
Mariana van Zeller – Short Bio
Mariana van Zeller is a Portuguese journalist and filmmaker born on December 10, 1979. She is best known for her work as a correspondent and producer for the investigative journalism program “Narco Wars” on Fusion TV and “Drug Lords” on Netflix.
Van Zeller holds a degree in economics from the Catholic University of Portugal and a master’s degree in journalism from the University of California, Berkeley.
She comes from a family of journalists; her mother was an African war correspondent. Van Zeller began her career in journalism as a foreign correspondent covering conflict and social justice issues in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
Mariana van Zeller – Career and Achievements
She was determined to follow in her mother’s footsteps and applied for a master’s degree but was rejected. In 2001, Mariana flew to New York and successfully convinced a Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism dean to accept her enrollment.
Some could call it a trial by fire. Just a month after Mariana moved to NYC, 9/11 happened. She was sent to cover the situation live atop the CBS building. Mariana has since dedicated her career to bringing well-researched, life-changing, and groundbreaking stories from around the world.
Here are just some of Mariana van Zeller’s famous documentaries that you may already have seen:
- “War Zones” (2007) – National Geographic Channel – A series that provides an in-depth look at the human impact of war, including the stories of soldiers, civilians, and those working to bring peace to war-torn regions.
- “Explorer” (2005-2012) – National Geographic Channel – A series that takes viewers on a journey to some of the most remote and fascinating places on Earth, providing a window into different cultures and lifestyles.
- “Toxic America” (2011) – National Geographic Channel – An investigation into the toxic chemicals in everyday household items and their impact on human health and the environment.
- “Food Wars” (2011-2012) – Travel Channel – A series that takes a deep dive into the world of food, exploring the stories behind some of the world’s most iconic dishes and the people who create them.
- “Dangerous Grounds” (2010-2013) – Travel Channel – A series that follows van Zeller as she travels to some of the world’s most dangerous and remote coffee-growing regions.
- “Bitter Harvest” (2015) – Fusion – A documentary that examines the human cost of the drug war in Mexico, including the violence and corruption that has plagued the country.
- “The Provocateur” (2016) – Fusion – A series that examines the rise of controversial figures and their impact on society and the media.
- “Narco State” (2016) – Fusion – A look at the complex web of corruption, drug trafficking, and organized crime in Mexico and other Latin America.
- “Cartel Bankers” (2017) – Fusion – An investigation into how banks help cartels launder money and finance their operations.
- “Drug Lords” (2018) – Netflix – A series that explores notorious drug kingpins’ lives and the wars they’ve waged.
For her tireless commitment, it was no surprise that Mariana van Zeller became the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- “Bitter Harvest” (2015) – RFK Award for Excellence in Journalism – Recognized for examining the human toll of the drug war in Mexico.
- “The Provocateur” (2016) – Peabody Award – Honored for exploring the rise of controversial figures and their impact on society and media.
- “Narco State” (2016) – Robert F. Kennedy Award for Excellence in Journalism – Recognized for examining corruption and organized crime in Mexico and Latin America.
- “Cartel Bankers” (2017) – DuPont-Columbia Award, Overseas Press Club Edward R. Murrow Award – Recognized for its investigation into the role of banks in drug trafficking and money laundering.
Mariana van Zeller – Personal Life
Mariana van Zeller has married her former classmate at Columbia University, Darren Foster. Her husband is also the director and series producer for the famed National Geographic Channel. The couple has a son named Vasco.
In 2015, Mariana van Zeller received her American citizenship.
Mariana van Zeller – Social Media
Van Zeller is casually active on social media, sharing bits about her family and much about her work. Though she doesn’t have an official YouTube channel, fans can check her on other platforms.
Twitter – @MarianaVZ with 25.2k followers
Instagram – marianavz with 100k followers
Facebook – Mariana van Zeller with 12.3k followers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Mariana van Zeller Net Worth
Who is Mariana van Zeller?
Mariana van Zeller is a Portuguese journalist and documentary filmmaker known for her investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of complex and controversial issues.
What are Some of Mariana van Zeller’s Notable Works?
Some of Mariana van Zeller’s notable works include the documentaries “Narco State,” “Cartel Bankers,” “Bitter Harvest,” and “The Provocateur.” She has produced many more documentaries and investigative reports on various subjects.
What Awards has Mariana van Zeller Received?
Mariana van Zeller has received several awards for her work, including the Robert F. Kennedy Award for Excellence in Journalism, Peabody Award, DuPont-Columbia Award, and Overseas Press Club Edward R. Murrow Award.
These are just a few examples of the awards that Mariana van Zeller has received for her outstanding work in journalism and filmmaking. She is widely recognized as one of her generation’s most talented and dedicated journalists.
Mariana van Zeller Net Worth – Conclusion
Mariana van Zeller is a seasoned journalist and correspondent who has dedicated her career to uncovering the truth and bringing to light important stories that often go untold. With her extensive experience and fearless reporting, Van Zeller has made a name for herself in journalism and is widely recognized for her insightful and thought-provoking reporting.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the life and work of this remarkable journalist and explore her achievements, contributions to the field of journalism, and her ongoing mission to shed light on critical issues facing the world today.
Here are other inspiring stories of successful careers:
- Tim Pool Net Worth: The Face of Modern Reporting and New Coverage
- Rick Leventhal Net Worth: New Life After 25 Years with Fox News