Tim Poole net worth was from an active career as an actor, but he suddenly disappears despite having a future in the industry. Where is Tim Poole now?
Tim Poole – The Actor
Tim Poole was an actor involved in quite a number of films and various appearances in different television series. Poole’s diligence in his chosen career is displayed as a list on IMDb. He could have landed more prominent roles if he pursued acting longer than he did.
Through the 1990s, Tim Poole net worth was estimated at $850 thousand before he retired.
[Related Reads: Don Shirley Net Worth]
Tim Poole Roles and Appearances
Movies and Television Series
- 1988, action movie, The Zero Option.
- 1990, BBC 1’s Grange Hill (1978 to 2008), season 13 episode 4.
- 1992, BBC1’s The Brittas Empire (1991 to 1997), season 2 episode 7.
- 1994 suspense thriller movie, Boy Meets Girl. The movie had nine nominations.
- 1995, BBC One’s Bugs (1995 to 1999), season 1 episode 6.
- 1996, 1998, and 2002 on ITV’s The Bill (1984 to 2010).
- 1997, ITV’s McCallum (1995 to 1998), season 1 episode 3.
- 1998, ITV’s Oktober, 3 episode mini series.
- 1999, BBC One’s Maisie Raine (1998 to 1999), season 2 episode 3.
- 2000, BBC One’s Holby City (1999 to present), season 2 episode 16.
- 2000, BBC One’s Hope & Glory (1999 to 2000), season 3, episode 6.
Tim Poole’s Retirement
Tim Poole did have a lively career. He had the charm and dedication that can one day land him a career deciding role and make a better name for himself like many actors before him.
Even if Poole’s acting portfolio is filled with minor roles and background gigs, there was no lack of opportunity in terms of work. He had at least one appearance every year from 1990 to 2000.
So what could have made Tim Poole give up on his efforts and leave a decade-long career?
Unexpected Career Change
According to Tim Poole, a close friend’s experience with a deep depression got him thinking twice about his career path. He realized that support for friends and loved ones were important to patients suffering from a mental and emotional breakdown, but it was not enough.
Poole has always been skeptical of therapy and never truly believed that his friend would get the help he needed. But the patient made a full recovery, and this completely changed Poole’s standpoint on therapy. It was possible because the proper steps and considerations were applied according to the patient’s wellbeing.
The presence of a professional was important, a psychotherapist who can work together with the family to lead the patient back to having a normal life. This was the role he decided to fill.
That’s why he changed his career from an actor to a psychologist himself.
[Related Reads: Richard Kurtz Net Worth]
Tim Poole: Education and Experience
- In June of 2011, Poole finished his degree in Counselling at Middlesex University with Metanoia Institute (UK).
- In 2015, he also completed Person-Centred Couple & Family Therapy Workshop with the renowned American Writer and Psychotherapist Charles O’Leary Ph.D.
- In 2016, Poole received his diploma and certification in Person-Centred Supervision from The Metanoia Institute.
- Completed Advanced Post Diploma Certificate Course in Person Centred Couples Counselling.
Tim Poole is now a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Supervisor and member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. He continues to work on his personal and professional development as he helps others.
Part of Poole’s training and the experience was working as a trainer in mental health and communications for the National Health Service for almost 20 years. Also, he spent five years helping people living with HIV and AIDS through counseling, emotional and mental support.
He currently runs his own private practice in Fortress Road, Tufnell Park, London.
Tim Poole Net Worth – Final Thoughts
We’ve all come across stories of once-famous actors disappearing from the limelight only to find out that they have fallen from grace.
According to Indeed.com, a psychiatrist who practices psychotherapy can make an average of $222 thousand annually. Compared to when he was an actor, Tim Poole net worth is a few times better now that he’s a certified psychotherapist. Perhaps this change was his true fate.
He isn’t making as much as Grant Cardone, but he does what he loves, and he’s content living his life this way.
- Doug Whaley Net Worth: Where Is He Now After Bad 2017 Draft?
- Herb Kent Net Worth – The Chicago Radio Legend For 70+ Years
- Rick Cox Net Worth – 40 Years of Creating Great Music
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Celebz Net Worth, Copywriter
Expertise: Personal finance and travel content. I’m a full-time traveler, and I’ve been to 49 countries and 5 continents.
Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.